GOV.UK Pay is still developing recurring payments so this feature is only available to a limited number of services at the moment. Contact us if you’re interested in taking recurring payments.
If you are a beta service, you can take recurring payments from a user using GOV.UK Pay. The user consents to making recurring payments, enters into an ‘agreement’ with your service, and provides their payment details. The agreement allows you to take further payments without the user interacting with your service again.
Your service has additional responsibilities when taking recurring payments. You’re responsible for:
- managing the relationship between your service and users
- providing terms and conditions to users
- authenticating users
- getting and recording users’ consent for you to take recurring payments
- managing payment schedules
- telling users when you’re going to take or change payments
- letting users amend their recurring payments